Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Brand New Year but the Same Old Breakfast

Welcome 2012!  Another year and more potential culinary adventures.  I can't wait to see what this year brings.

In the meantime it never ceases to entertain me that my Chinese children love biscuits and gravy more than any other thing I've ever fed them.  No congee for my young ones, no sir, they love the artery clogging deliciousness of sausage gravy poured over my mother's famous biscuits. 

It was a revelation to me that my mother's delicious biscuits were not some long secret family recipe only to be revealed on one's deathbed but rather straight from the pages of her 1956 Betty Crocker cookbook. When she died I took possession of said cookbook and I have to admit, I've never made a better biscuit than the recipe she used.

I'm going to post this now because I want to get it done for January 1, but I'll post the recipe tomorrow.

Happy New Year!

No comments: